Traveling to the USA and Mexico Here Four Things to Never Forget

Posted on February 13, 2017
Things for traveling to the USA

Applying for your ESTA:

Applying for your ESTA

Before traveling to the USA for a holiday or business, you'll need to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

If you're a UK national, or from many different European countries, the ESTA is your permit to enter the USA for up to 90 days.

There's no need to use a third party to make your ESTA application: there are lots of websites that will charge you a processing fee, but you can do it yourself in just minutes on the US Customs and Border Protection website. The application fee is $14USD and it's usually approved immediately.

Booking domestic air travel:

Booking domestic air travel

The USA is serviced by many airlines, including several budget airlines, some of which you won't find on airfare aggregator sites such as Expedia and others.

Check out Southwest Airlines, Frontier Air and JetBlue which offer excellent value for money, and fly to many destinations.

You'll also find that most domestic airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi so you can stay connected even at 40,000 feet!

Outlet shopping malls:

Outlet shopping malls

A trip to the USA, Mexico and Canada is never complete without some serious shopping. And what better way to shop than at a large outlet mall.

The Simon Premium Outlets are located all across the USA and offer heavily discounted brands include Nike, Adidas, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Footlocker and Coach, to name just a few!

To save even more when you shop, make sure to check out the "Deals" section on each mall listing, to find discount coupons and special offers. And when you arrive at the mall, pay a visit to the customer service centre for even more discount vouchers.

Staying connected:

Staying connected

To avoid paying expensive international roaming on your mobile phone, make sure to disable data on your phone, and stick to using Wi-Fi only. There's lots of free Wi-Fi in the USA in cafes, shops and restaurants.

If you want to keep using your mobile phone just like you do at home, grab a Pay As You Go USA SIM Card and get it sent to you in the UK, before you leave home. You'll get high speed 4G data, minutes and texts, and a local USA mobile number to give to hotels, airlines and tour operators, and to update your Uber profile.